Tuesday, July 8, 2014

Greetings from the Library's New Digital Literacy Associate


Hello everyone!
This is Erin, and I have started in my new position at the library as Digital Literacy Associate. Part of what I will do in this role is to create learning opportunities on emerging technologies and our virtual services.

Right now I have a walk-in eBook clinic, where I will be able to help patrons set up and use our library’s eBooks on their own devices. It started this Monday, July 7 and will continue next week on Monday, July 14th from 4:00 to 6:00 p.m.
I also plan on offering a variety of classes, including: making professional quality documents in Microsoft Word; computer basics; creating an email; introductions to different social media outlets; and reviews of the online services we offer.

If you have an idea for something you would like the library to teach, you can let me know by responding to this post, emailing me at ejohnson@biblio.org, or coming into the library to chat with me about it.
Erin Johnson
Digital Literacy Associate


No comments:

Post a Comment